Click here for SVGCuts

Sep 14, 2013

2013 Navajo County Fair projects...

Can you guess what I have been busy with?
 
That's right...
SVGCuts has done it again...
to make these projects
 
Here is a picture of the projects before it went to the county fair...
 
 
The 3D boot from the Happy Trails SVG Kit
 
 
the Farris Wheel from the Summer Street Carnival SVGCuts Kit
 
 
Here is a close up of the Farris Wheel before I took it to the fair...
all the details I added...
I really like how it turned out...
I made some rosettes using a Lori Whitlock file that can be found
(you can also get this file on her website, in .svg format)
 or
Now I entered the boot in a western theme cowboy 'Booty full Boot' category...
it's a category that is open to all age participants to decorate a western boot...
I did not think of adding any extra to this boot...
as it was a VERY last late entry in to the fair...
I was not going to enter it, but I wanted more projects to enter...
and I did not plan on it being in the category, I could not enter both projects
in the same category/class...
 
so I never in a million years thought it would win a ribbon...
 
 
let alone a 1st place~ blue ribbon...
OMG it was a hit with the judges...
 
Next I added the Farris Wheel from the Summer Street Carnival SVGCuts kit
 
Again a late entry...
I have not doing much crafting lately...
kind of burned out right now...
so my darling son said I needed to get 'back' into making things
I love most
"3D paper crafting'...
 
so a few weeks ago I started this project...
and finished it just in time...thank you Alex
 
 
a close up to show all the details I added, Sunday before I
turned it in to the Navajo County Fair later that night...
 
 
a bigger picture of the entire project...
 
So you ask
"how did it do"
 
well take a look at the wonderful ribbons I earned
with this project...
 
 
I know Right...crazy...
I saw the blue ribbon and was so excited...
than the HUGE purple ribbon...
(I almost started to cry)
I could not tell if it was
Best of Show or Best of Class...
so I asked one of the judges there at the fair...
 OH Yeah Baby...
the Purple Ribbon is HIGHEST honor you can get at Navajo county fair
BEST OF FAIR...
I could not believe it...
a few years ago I entered a bunch of projects
and did very well then too...
but never heard of a purple ribbon
Best of Fair
I know, right...
 
I have decided to enter these projects into the
Arizona State Fair...
we will see how I do against all the crafters in the
good ol'  state of Arizona...
so cross your fingers and toes...
the state fair starts in just a few weeks...
Oh I wish I lived closer to the State Fairgrounds...
I would love to see them there..
but 3 hours is not so close..
so I wont get to see them on display or
how they did at the State Fair until they return after the fair...
you see the State fair does an outreach program
they will pick up the projects for the Sate fair after
the county fair is over, and submit your projects for you...
very nice, huh...what a great way to encourage
more participation throughout the state...
 
I will try to remember to post the outcome at the state fair... 
I still can't believe I won that honor at the county fair...
 
well I best get busy making some more cool 3D projects and cards...
 
Let me know what you think of these projects...
would love some blog'n love...
 
C ya all later...and remember
 

4 comments:

  1. Your projects are beautiful! Congratulations! That had to be a shock for "Best of Fair". WOW. The boot looks like suede and cloth. If I didn't have that file, I would never have guess it was out of paper. The ferris wheel project, love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW your art is amazing; you must have spent so much time on it. There is so much details; I'm lovin' it! Congratulations from IL. I believe I will be "pin it" so others can see it too;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have done an amazing job! When I came to your page and saw your creativity - WOW! Congratulations on a job well done;)...I can hardly wait to see what you will produce next year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OHH Katie!!! Amazing projects!!!! I can see why you got The Best of Fair!!! Good luck on the state fair!

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips