Click here for SVGCuts

May 24, 2013

How's the weather? heehee

No just kidding...
 
This weeks tutorial and challenge is just that...
there is so many ways to
weather your ribbon...
So design team member Pam,
gives us just a few ideas to do just that...
 
 
If you have any other ways to 'weather ribbon' please
drop me a note, so I can try that too...
 

I just love the way this turned out...
the ribbon was just PERFECT for this application...
I got it at Dollar Tree for ...
a dollar of course...lol...
Is a Sheer Ribbon, and it comes with quite a bit on the roll...
5/8 in wide and 6 yards long...what a deal...
with it I turned on the heat gun/heat tool
and started the melting process...
I did not want to melt it to the card and for sure not burn the paper...
so you MUST be VERY CAREFUL
doing this to the ribbon...
I first made the card...
Used Stampin' Up DSP...oh this so beautiful...
too bad I did not get more...well it's not too late to get some of this
DSP at Stampin' Up...it's on the retired list from the 2012-2013 Catalog...
it's the Floral District Designer Series Paper...
oh and a Mark's Finest Paper a Heinrich Co stamp
from the Spring Flowers Stamp Set
the card is a double gate fold or double Z fold card ...
when its opened up it's got another panel of colors...
 
 
here is what it looks like opened up...
I love the belly band...
Oh yeah back to how I did the weathered ribbon..,heehee
I assembled the card and added the ribbon to the belly band...
then with the heat tool/gun
I made the ribbon start to melt...BE CAREFUL when doing this...
DO NOT BURN YOURSELF!!!
or your project...
 
Well come check out this weeks tutorial...
and give it a try...
the challenge is Weathered Ribbon...
so how do you 'weather ribbon' on your projects...
there are so many other ways to Weather your Ribbon...
Let me know if you have any other fun ways to weather ribbon...
and join in on the challenge at MFPSpeedyTV
you could win this stamp set...
 
 
 It's not just for Halloween...
what about using the
'My other broom's a Vacuum Cleaner'
for a spring cleaning card/project....
come join the fun...
There are lots of challenges,
it's a FREE Group to join...
and lots of stuff to enjoy...
Be sure to check out the other design
team members blogs...
you can get to each of them on my right side bar...
be sure to leave some blog love...
 
C ya Monday...
with a post for
'FOSTV'
Friends of Speedy TV
Challenge # 74...
 

3 comments:

  1. Love your gate fold with the "Weathered Ribbon"! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie your card is gorgeous!! I love the colors and the way you did the inside of the card! Perfect with the weathered ribbon :)

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips