Click here for SVGCuts

Dec 18, 2012

A quick follow up before work...More Candy Wrappers

I just wanted to show you all the new candy bar wrappers I made...
I might have told you that I made 48 so far...
I have to stop now, cuz I don't have that many friends to give them to
and I don't have a store to sell them in...so I had to stop ... oh pooh huh...
well there is always next year that I can make more...
maybe next year I will be more prepared and do it BEFORE the 
Local Christmas Business and Craft showcase...heehee 
NOTE TO SELF


 These I added a gift card envelop to the back and gave
it a few stamps from Mark's Finest Papers a Heinrich co....
the gift card envelop was from SVGCuts...I think it was a freebie
to boot....if interested in it, I will see what I can do to find it for you
or at least a link to it...


Santa got changed up a bit...I changed the color of the buckle and also
did the faux suede technique on the belt...
don't know what the faux suede technique is?
well its where you manage to get the paper to peel apart and
use the inside of the paper as your 'outside' ...
oh that did not make much sense...heehee
ok better definition...
use a bone folder to curl the paper/die cut several time in all directions.
This will break down the fibers of the card stock and soften it
so that the layers begin to separate. Gently peel apart the two layers. If
the layers will not separate easily, continue distressing with the bone folder.
A crimper can also be used to separate the layers.. 
this is a technique I learned from my local Stamp'n Up demonstrator
she does a monthly Tools and Techniques class for the more advanced
crafters' in the area...oh I love you Bernice, you do such a great job...
Thanks for the many dandy ideas. It paid off...lol
oh and I used another stamp from MFPaHc for the back of this 
Santa candy bar...
'Christmas Wishes'

Now for the Wonderful snowman follow up

OMG they are so darn cute, huh...
I know I am not supposed to brag about my own projects but I have to say 
something great about this one...


Now for the little hats, I used the tutorial from Kerry
she did the best Youtube video tutorial...
I had to share with you...
in short you take a long strip of 'stretchy' material, make sure the stretch
is going the 'right' way...
sew the strip in a long tube, turn it right side out...
add the tube to the end of the candy bar...
roll the brim and tie it off... then add the embellishments, like a bell or
twine, just make it look good... Oh and cut the end off long enough
so you can cut the fringe into the hat...you know what I am talking about right?
now add a little scarf...I used the same material or ribbon for the scarf 
the ribbon is just as cute too...
I gave these a little stamp too...again from Mark's Finest Papers online store.
Oh my where has the time gone...oh I must get ready for the dreaded work thing...
got to pay for my habit or addiction whatever it is...

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Katie!!!!!!!!!!! This is the cutest thing I have ever seen!!! I must check out the tutorial later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the snowmen! What a great idea Katie!

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips