Click here for SVGCuts

Nov 23, 2011

Some Questions To Answer...

Earlier today I posted a picture of my pie and it's pie box on my facebook page... I had someone ask what size I cut the project out at...
Well with my new cutter, Cameo by Silhouette, and using SCAL3...I imported everything as I always do, and well I thought that it was importing at the created file size...Well I cut and put together all 8 pieces of the pie and then I went to cut the pie box out, it was  at this time,  I realized that SCAL3 does NOT import your SVG's to the size that the SVG creator set it at...Well like in SCAL2 I NEVER remember having to size any of Mary's files from SVGCUTS.com to anything other than what it imported at...Well with SCAL3 I did not know this...Long story short ... the size of pie pieces are at 4 inches and the pie box is at 8.5 inches ( I think anyway, as I am not currently home to check the sizes right now but I wanted to get the info out to you asap)...

So if you are working in SCAL3 just beware that your projects might not import at the 'right' size...if there is such a thing as 'right' size...but if you are doing other projects like the pie and the pie box, just be sure to size them to what you want...I hope this makes since?

Oh, and yeah it's been some time since I posted anything about my Arizona State Fair projects that I submitted...well I will have pictures on Monday or Tuesday...but I wanted to share with you .... I got a 1st place Blue Ribbon for my Gingerbread House that is a gift box... it is made from the Peony Cottage file from SVGCUTS.com, inside it contains a led tea light so that you have a lantern after you back the cookies using the enclosed cookie mix and cookie cutter with the and some sprinkels to decorate the cookies... Oh what fun that is going to be to give as a gift... I wonder who will get my Blue Ribbon Holiday Gift package? decsions, decsions...lol...
I better get back to what I am up too...I will share more later, after work today...

Happy Thanksgiving to you all and hope you have an even SAFER Black Friday!!!
I know I am sneeking out to get some crafting 'stuff'... a crafter can NEVER have too much 'stuff'
leave me a comment if you know what I am talking about...lol
or just a comment to let me know you stopped by...

TTFN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips