Click here for SVGCuts

Sep 18, 2011

The Navajo County Fair is Coming to an end

Alright, this maybe a long post with lots of pictures, but I think its time to spill the beans (as they say).
The final results of all the projects I entered. I just hope I got good pictures...You will find that a lot of the projects are ones that I have posted before ...The Halloween project/table top holiday decor was made just for a fair entry, as I have NEVER EVER entered anything in a contest or fair or any such things/places.
So with that being said :

Aug. 7, 2011, I posted the Big 3D letter "W" along with the crackers - filled with rice
(in tradition for the Bride & Groom to exit the wedding affairs)
I also entered this project in the SVGCUTS.com forum July Challenge 'It's A Nice Day for a White Wedding

Do you remember the School Day SVG Kit by SVGCUTS.com? 
Yeah I made the little school house into a White Chapel....I put them together Making
A wedding decor center piece entry at the fair.....

And....


Do you see the 1st Place Blue Ribbon attached !!!

Ok so now I have 
2 ~ 2nd place Red Ribbons
2 ~ 1st Place Blue Ribbons

I am so excited about this I can hardly keep the tears from rolling down my face.
I was just struck with excitement. 
It was crazy to enter these small projects, something I love to do and actually be recognized and received ribbons like this... OMG ... did they judge it right? did someone swap ribbons? there is no way that MY hobby/projects could ever be worthy of any kind of recognition.
I just thought I would enter my paper crafts just for people to see my creations, something that I have such a passion for.....

So for the last few projects that were entered 

~ I posted this in April 2011 here on this blog
~ it was also entered it in the  "Cherry Blossom Challenge" on the SVGCUTS.com Forum 

I had made a few different note pads like this, and so I had the kids help me choose 1 to enter !







Well the judges at the county fair here in Arizona, liked it...as it earned a 





1st Place Ribbon 


BEST of CLASS




So








Does this one look familiar?
Yeah, cuz I posted this digital scrapbook page
I really liked how the colors came together, and my little niece 
is just darling anyway, but this was a smile that keeps on going !!!


AGAIN ? 

Yep a 1st Place Blue Ribbon &  Best of Class Ribbon

Ok, now I have done WAY MORE than I could have EVER thought....

But it keeps going !!!

Next is the

This little Cottage is so versatile, I have used it as a little summer cottage
& a haunted looking house and now its a all included "package deal"
Its got the box for a table top Ginger Bread House Lantern (with a battery operated tea light, then a cookie mix and a cookie cutter with some decorations to go on the cookies, this will make a great home made gift as a gift !!! 
 Oh, do you see what the judges thought of this one?
Yep a 1st Place Blue Ribbon 
&
a Purple and White Ribbon ~ Best of Show

Now for what you have all been waiting for..... What did you get on the Halloween Decor?

I used a bunch of different files from using a 3D tree from an unknown source, a fence who knows were, I mad the tombstones myself, and the Peony Cottage SVG kit from SVGCUTS.com & the Elmhurst Hollow SVG Kit from SVGCUTS.com (this is the newest kit that was just released days before I had to turn the entire project over to the fair)

  YEP, Another 1st Place Blue Ribbon
&
Best of Show Purple and White Ribbon
The only ribbon that is bigger than what I got in all of my entries

So that's it...I think that's plenty....
I went back to the fair again today to help my local Stamp'n up Rep. She had some 'make and takes', she asked a few of us to volunteer teaching new techniques, new ideas and just be an all around people person to help keep on top of things ....

This when I had a chance to chat with the gal that works on the Fair Board for the Open Class division.
She said that some of my work that I entered is certainly State Fair Quality !!!
So now is the time for me to pass-out, someone please pinch me, I must be dreaming !!!
With that being said, I go tomorrow (Sunday) in the early evening to collect my projects and ribbons...
But at this time...if I want, I can hand over any projects that I would like to send to the Arizona State Fair. 
You have to understand a miner detail in this; it is that the State Fair is held in Phoenix, AZ
and that's a 3 hour drive (each way) to enter my projects there... but from what I understand the State Fair board has someone come pick all the items that would like to go to the state level. The projects are gone for about 5 ~ 6 weeks, but what am I going to do with these right now anyway?
So
 to this gal that will add it to the State Fair transport and when it's all said and done, its $2.00 per entry... so why not?

Please !!! 
I ask you nicely, 
Please leave me some feedback
Tell me which ones (if any) might have a chance at the state level?


Have a blessed rest of the weekend....
and check back on Monday for my next DT for MyGrafico feature file...
Some really cool things to share ...

Goodnight All


4 comments:

  1. Congrats Katie!!! And thank you for my birthday ATC!! I really appreciate it! Looks great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Katie! all the projects are awesome! If you do enter in Az State Fair I will def. look out for your projects! We go to the fair every yr and I love to see all the craft projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so proud of you Katie!!!! All your projects look even better in person, if that's possible!!! I would think your best of show items would be great for the state fair and some of your scrapbook pages, they are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. MOM!! You are crazy! I love them all and well you knew that already! I already told you that you are an amazing crafter and I am so happy that you showed me your entries and got a second opinion through me! It means a lot! I told you that you would do well!! Dont ever doubt yourself!

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips